New Managing Partner Announced
by Pugh CPAs
Attention clients and friends! We have a special announcement to make regarding leadership changes at Pugh CPAs. The Board of Directors recently confirmed Barrett Simonis as the next President of Pugh CPAs effective June 1, 2022.
Pugh CPAs would like to thank Susan Foard for her steadfast leadership over the last eight years. Susan’s tenure at our firm started in 1987. She left the firm for a couple of years before rejoining us in 1999. She was promoted to Officer in 2000 and was named Tax Practice Leader that same year. In 2014, Susan accepted the role as President of Pugh CPAs. Susan will remain dedicated to serving our clients at Pugh CPAs while also assuming a new role as President of Pugh Wealth Management, LLC. We are excited to have Susan’s expertise behind this new line of business to serve our clients even better.
Here are a few highlights of firm accomplishments during Susan’s time as Pugh CPAs President.
- We celebrated a major milestone anniversary during her tenue—our 50th anniversary of serving clients in this community.
- Completed 50 good deeds for 50 years of service—partnering with area non-profits and giving our time, talent and treasure.
- Launched our Day of Caring event where we close the firm and dedicate a day of service to a local non-profit honoring this community that has been so gracious to us over the years.
- The 50th anniversary celebration culminated with a lovely cocktail reception at Cherokee County Club where we celebrated with many of our friends.
- Susan directed a complete renovation of our office space. Working with Home Federal Bank, Creative Structures and McCarty Holsaple McCarty, we completely reconfigured our office and transformed our outdated space into a bright, modern space featuring the latest in technology and beautiful accents.
- She launched a student leadership conference to help Pugh CPAs recruiting efforts at area colleges and universities. Each year accounting students spend a couple of days with us where we give them a glimpse into public accounting and show them what sets our firm apart from other firms.
- Susan led the firm in creating a new line of business – Pugh Wealth Management. Over the years many clients have asked us for this service. We can now serve clients looking for investment management services from us. Susan is looking forward to nurturing and growing this new business.
Daniel Messing has graciously agreed to continue as Tax Practice Leader. Daniel joined our firm in 1995 and after a stint in private practice, rejoined our firm in 2008. In 2012, he was promoted to Officer and in 2014 accepted the role of Tax Practice Leader. Barron Kennedy has accepted the role of Audit Practice Leader. Barron joined our firm in 2003 and was promoted to Officer in 2014.
Barrett Simonis has been with the firm since 2001. He became an Officer in 2009 and was promoted to Audit Practice Leader in 2014. Over the years, he has been a true advocate and ambassador for the accounting profession and recently served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Tennessee Society of CPAs. Barrett continues to serve on several boards and associations. Barrett serves many clients in our region and is always ready to help them make the best decisions for their people and business. He believes in the importance of building relationships and trust with our clients, our staff, and our community. The entire firm is excited to welcome Barrett as the next President of the Pugh CPAs.
Join us in congratulating Barrett on his new role and a round of applause to the Pugh CPAs leadership team as they set the tone for exceptional and innovative services for our clients. Pugh CPAs’ future is bright!
You can call us at 865.769.0660 or fill out the form below and we'll contact you to discuss your specific situation.